LIBRARY AND LEARNING CENTER
- Air Conditioned well-endowed library
- Digital library subscribing e-journals
- Spacious Air conditioned Reading Hall
- Book Bank facility
- Online Membership
- Issue Books Online
- Online Books Renewal
- Online Renewal Status
- Digital Library
- Online Lecture Notes
- Online Course Materials
- Online Old Questions Papers
- Online Syllabus
- Online Books Recommendation
Membership of Library
The Library at the DCTM is established primarily for the use of its full time/ regular students and for all its teaching, technical and workshop staff whether adhoc, probationary, temporary, part-time, contractual or permanent.
- Rules for Library
- The privilege of using the library and any of its facilities including borrowing of publications for home study shall be extended to members only.
- To become a member, a registration form is to be filled Online(http://dctmlibrary.blogspot.in/).
- ID Card is meant strictly for the Personal use of only members and is “NOT TRANSFERABLE” under all circumstances. No publication of any kind whatsoever shall be lent to any other person other than the Valid Holder of the Library Card.
- To check the unauthorized entry of outsiders in the Library, the members are required to keep their identity cards with them whenever they visit the library.
- The Library staff are authorized to deny permission to enter the library to any member who is not in possession of his/ her identity card.
- A book will be lent out to the borrower only on producing identity card before library staff, failing which the borrower will not be issued any kind of document.
- A member shall obtain a clearance certificate for refund of caution money only after surrendering his/her library card and paying any outstanding dues against his/her name.
- The Librarian has the right/authority to adjust the refundable security deposit of any student against any outstanding due to the library from such student(s).
- The Librarian has the right to recall any book from any member at any time, if so required.
- Member should fully satisfy themselves about the physical condition of books before getting them issued as they will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of returning the books.
- Members must necessarily return all library books borrowed by them before the commencement of summer vacations; failing which, besides payment of overdue charges and penalty if any, their membership may not be renewed.
- Reference Books are for consultation/study within the library and these will not be issued
- In case books are not returned within a month of the date of return, the librarian reserves the absolute right to suspend the member from further use of the Library and its facilities till such time the book(s) or the cost(s) thereof, including fine, if any is paid.
- Members must insist on being given a receipt for any payment made by them whether it is a security deposit or towards overdue charges/ penalties.
|Categories of Members||Max. No. of Books||Max. Period of Loan|
|Teaching Staff & Workshop Staff||8||One Semester|
|Non-Teaching Staff(Lab, W/s, Admin)||2||One Semester|
|Regular Students (2nd to final year)||8-15||21 Days|
|Regular Students(1st year)||8||One Semester|
- Overdue charges at the following rates shall be levied for late return of books: After 21 days from the due date of return,a late fine @ Rs.10 per day per volume. For teaching and non teaching staff the due date of returning the book is 1 semester after that a fione of Rs.20 will be charged /day per volume.
- Loss/Mutilation of Books
- In case of loss of a book(s), the borrower shall be required to pay Latest price of the book including Overdue Charges (if any), Processing Charges (Rs.50), Binding Charges (Rs.50) and any penalty that may be imposed.
- If the book of a series is damaged or lost, the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay the cost of the complete set including overdue charges and penalty if any imposed.If the book is important and out of print in such case the borrower has to pay double cost of the book with usuall late fine if any.
- The member caught in tearing pages/ stealing and or mutilating books will invite strict disciplinary action including two times payment of the cost of such book (s) and penalty if any. He/she shall also be liable for suspension from the sessional exam/main exam.
Code of Conduct of Library
- Members shall maintain silence and not engage in audible conversation in any part of the library.
- A person shall not sleep, smoke or spit in any part of the library.
- Spacious Air conditioned Reading Hall
- A person shall not write upon, damage, mutilate or mark any book belonging to the library.
- Consumption of food, alcoholic beverages and intoxicants of any nature whatsoever is strictly prohibited in the Library.
- Use of cellular phones and any other electronic/ battery operated gadget in the Library is strictly prohibited.
- All members and their personal belongings including Library books issued to them are subject to a search/check by the library staff at the Library entrance.
- No personal book or belonging shall be allowed to be taken inside the library without the permission of the librarian.
- Any infringement of the library rules will render the privilege of admission and of borrowing books from the Library liable to cancellation.
- The Director/principal/Cheif Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership privilege of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or for indecent beheviour.
- A Suggestion link http://dctmlibrary.blogspot.in/ Book is available with the librarian. Members of the library are free to suggest measures for further improvement of the Library services.
- Any information or complaint Submited by the user on the site http://dctmlibrary.blogspot.in/will be fully confidential.
**For More Information Regarding Library kindly visit on http://dctmlibrary.blogspot.in/.