Mechanical Engineering is synonymous to Industrial Revolution that started after the invention of Steam Engine by James Watt. The branch of Mechanical Engineering is regarded as Ever Green Branch of Engineering and designed to provide analytical and experimental skills required for a wide variety of careers in Mechanical Engineering and also in other multi-disciplinary areas like Materials Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Environmental pollution control, Computer sciences, Robotics and Management. The Department has built up all the facilities required for imparting excellent training to meet the challenges of the let century and has taken up the challenge to meet complex technological needs of the globe.
The scope of growth and career advancement of mechanical engineers in India and abroad are spectacular. Skilled mechanical engineers have many opportunities in aerospace, automobile, chemical manufacturing plants, oil exploration, railway coach factory, research, and development.
There is a huge scope of mechanical engineering in all kinds of manufacturing industries, aerospace engineering, automotive industries, government organizations, Public Welfare Departments and defense sector as they seek mechanical engineers and offer a good salary with growth opportunities to B. Tech graduates.
The faculty actively participates in sponsored research and consultancy work, seminars/conferences and short-term courses. The teaching and research programs in the department are organized according to both disciplinary and inter-disciplinary themes. We cover all the core disciplinary areas of mechanical engineering including dynamics, controls, solid mechanics, materials, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, production and design.
Labs or Equipments
The department has state of art laboratory and workshop facilities with modern sophisticated equipment to give practical exposure to the students and carry out research in areas related to mechanical and industrial engineering.
Following are the major laboratories:
- Computer Aided Design Centre: Equipped with 30 computers, Solid works, CATIA, and AutoCAD software.
- Computer Aided Manufacturing Laboratory: Equipped with CNC lathe machine specially designed control software, 15 computers, Master CAM Software. Lathe machine is fitted with eight station automatic tool changer and automatic cooling and lubrication.
- Strength of Material and Material Science Testing Laboratory:Equipped with 40 ton capacity UTM with attachments for compressive, shearing, bending and tensile tests. Other machines include Izod-charpy impact testing machine, Brinell testing machine, furnace, polishing machine and metallurgical microscope, etc.
- Machine Shop: Equipped with six center Lathes, one drilling and one milling machine, horizontal surface and bench grinder, one shaperand power hacksaw
- Automobile Shop: Department has well equipped labs like Engine Testing, Vehicle Maintenance, Chassis Component, Engine Component etc.
- Heat Transfer Lab:
These are the major equipments which are in our HT lab Thermal Conductivity of Metal Rod Apparatus, Thermal Conductivity of Insulating Powder Apparatus, Thermal Conductivity of Guarded Hot Plate Apparatus, Pin Fin (Natural Convection) Apparatus, Pin Fin (Forced Convection) Apparatus, Forced Convection Apparatus, Emissivity measurement Apparatus, Parallel Flow counter Flow Heat Exchanger, Stefan Boltzmann Apparatus, Heat Pipe Apparatus.
- Refrigeration And Air Conditioning:
In this lab major equipments are Vapour compressions Refrigeration Test Rig, Mechanical Heat Pump Trainer 1/3Tr,Air and Water Pump Trainer 1/3 TrCut Sectional Control Board of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning ,Air Conditioning Trainer Complete with Heating Cooling and Dehumidification & Humidification, Chilling Plant Test Rig with digital Meter.
- Fluid Mechanics And Fluid Machinery Lab:
Major equipments of this lab are Bernoulli’s Theorem Apparatus, Reynolds Apparatus, Impact of Jet Vanes, Losses due to Sudden Enlargement & Contraction, Notches Apparatus, Pipe Friction Apparatus, Metacentric Height Apparatus, Losses in Various pipe Fitting, Determination CVCC & CD orifice meter, Closed circuit Centrifugal / Variable Speed Centrifugal Pump Test Rig, Closed Circuit Gear Oil Pump Test Rig, Closed Circuit Peloton Wheel Turbine 5hp,Closed Circuit Reciprocating Pump Test Rig,Francis turbine Test Rig 5H.P. Capacity.
My name is Abdul Quaiyoom I have done my graduation in mechanical engineering from Anand Engineering College,Agara and I have completed my post graduation in Mechanical Engineering Design from JC Bose university of science and technology, Faridabad.i have published two research paper in graduation and post graduation i.e One research paper on Generation of electricity from waste heat of window Air conditioning and another on Health monitoring of rotating rolling bearing by using vibration analysis. I have taught many mechanical engineering subject from 2019 in engineering College i.e strength of materials,heat transfer, thermodynamics and mechanical machine design