The degree in Computer Science leads to positions of a Software developer, Tester, Networking or Maintenance Engineer in IT domains. The CSE department at DCTM is one unique institution which has developed multiple strategies for making students industry ready.
Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is an undergraduate degree course in computer applications. … The duration of the course is 3 years and divided into 6 semesters. It comprises of the subjects like database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like ‘C’ and ‘java’.
Graduates get a job after BCA in computer science, as their education gives them the exposure they will need to succeed in the technical career. Additionally, the BCA students can feel their scope has increased, as many colleges during the education allow students to do internships or work placements, have something to write in their CVs, and increase their chances of getting a higher-paying job. Fresh graduates can start their career with titles such as “Software Publishers”, “Information System Managers”, Database Administrators”, and more.
Below are some of the popular BCA jobs done by graduates.
- Software Publishers
- Information System Managers
- Database Administrators
- Computer System Analysts
- Chief Information Officers
Some other job opportunities after bca in this sector are:
- Database Administration
- Information Systems Manager
- Software Developer
- Software Publisher
- Systems Administrator
The department of Computer Science Engineering relies heavily on the strength of its faculties who have over the time produced great results in University Examinations and maximum number of placements in the campus drives each year. The department has achieved greater heights and holds the credit for alliances with major corporates like MICROSOFT, ORACLE, REDHAT, HCL for training as well as placements ofthe students.
The department of Computer science Engineering focuses on better employability of students therefore department conducts various training programs in different technologies with effect from first year onwards. Few of the Technologies are:
- Big Data Analytics (Covering Hadoop, R Programming & Spark)
- Microsoft ServerTechnologies (Covering MCSE Modules)
- Sun Java Technologies (Covering JZEE, Scala, Hibernate, Swing)
- Microsoft .NET Framework( Covering VB, C#, ASP)
- Web Technologies (PHP, HTML 5, WORDPRESS)
- Data Warehousing and Mining & Intelligent Systems
USP of Department
- State of the art campus.
- Cutting edge programmes design.
- Word class teaching, learning process.
- Eminent in house faculty supplemented by visiting faculty from academics industry and business.
- Business incubation opportunities.
- Case study.
- Group discussion / Panel discussions
- Quizzes & Debates.
- Video lectures.
- Class room learning supported by multimedia.
- In house projects.
- Development of communication skill’s with regular PDP classes.
- Management games and counseling sessions.
- Separate training & placement cell.
- Enhancing computer proficiency by imparting computer knowledge in MS office,Tally,ERP.
- Air conditioned library & digital library with latest journal and magazines.
- Wifi facility.
- Multi utility GD rooms.
- Book bank and E-journals facility.
- Pro-active anti ragging cell.
- Computer labs are equipped with multimedia projectors, visualiners, high speed printing machines.
Labs & Excellence Center
The Department has ample number of computer systems accommodated in multiple labs with each lab offering a different computing environment with latest software’s and Hardware at student’s access. Few of them are:
Software Engineering Lab
Equipped with RATIONAL SUITE for Object Oriented Software Engineering.
Equipped with all major LINUX environments where students can focus on:
- Operating System Programming
- Kernel Programming
- Server Administration
- Network Administration
Multimedia & Animation Lab
Equipped with ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, FLASH, AFTER-EFFECTS, WAVEPAD, WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER and many more.
Artificial Intelligence Lab
Equipped with LISP, PROLOG and MATLAB for programming of Intelligent Systems.
Equipped with software’s like CISCO packet tracer, Win PCAP, NS (Network Simulators).
Web Development Lab
Equipped with tools like Adobe Muse, WordPress, JRE, Microsoft Visual Studio.
HCL Center Of Excellence (CoE) Lab
The lab has been developed in collaboration with HCL and is equipped with Software and Hardware for training students on latest tools and technologies used by HCL and it’s partner ﬁrms.
Big Data Analytics and Intelligence Business Cell
The lab has been developed in collaboration with AiCorp with a view point to trains students in big data analytics and to make them understand how to develop business intelligence. Lab is equipped with tools like WEKA and RATIONALSUITE.
Professionally, Prof Arko Bagchi is SAP Certified Application Associate in Business Intelligence, CISCO Certified Network a Associate, SuSe Certified Linux Professional. Hailing from West Bengal, Mr. Arko Bagchi is an active researcher in ﬁeld of Quantum Computing, Reversible Computing, Data Mining, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence. Arko attended West Bengal University of Technology for his master and graduation in Computer Science and Engineering. Mr. Bagchi sharpened his career further with an additional qualiﬁcation as he attended Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management.
He is having of ample experience in Teaching in University, Engineering Colleges and IT Industries. He has successfully implemented four SAP business project. As a supervisor, he has supervised more than twenty research projects at graduate and post graduate level in computer Science and its allied subjects. In connection to his research, he has published his research ﬁnding in international and national journals and international conferences of CSE. For his contribution in CSE, he is being honored as senior member of Computer Society of India.